Do you ever wish that something in your life had turned out differently? Are there any memories that keep popping into your head? Do you wish that you could remember more?
Heal Your Memories, Change Your Life takes you on an adventurous journey through your own memories and gives you the tools to heal from past hurts. Frank Healy, Licensed Professional Counselor, remembers every day of his life since he was six years old. He takes you through your past with exercises that help you remember more of your good times and let go of pain from the past.
Whoever said that healing and therapy had to be painful? Heal Your Memories, Change Your Life is written with humor, inspiring stories, and exercises that will leave you feeling free to enjoy your life and move on to a happy and successful future.
By changing your beliefs about your memories, you change your feelings about them. It is possible, and even probable, that you have a memory that you don’t like but it keeps invading your brain and your mood and you wish you could just forget it.
When you change the beliefs about a memory, it will knock the emotional charge out of it. Consequently, you will not keep dwelling on it, and then you will be free. Now let’s try changing the beliefs you identified from the memory you used in Exercise3A.
Exercise 3B – Changing Your Feelings about Your Memory
You will need a pen and your journal, or your Word document.
1. List all of the positive beliefs you have from Exercise 3A. This will remind you that there were positive aspects, and it will put you in a state of mind where you are thinking in a positive way.
2. Now at the top of the next page write a negative belief you have about the memory.
3. Starting underneath the negative belief, write a series of better feeling beliefs. Keep going down the page until you run out of ideas or are feeling better about the memory.
4. Read your list of better feeling memories a few times. Let yourself feel the feelings of the better beliefs. Keep reading it until you are feeling good.
5. Repeat Steps 2 through 4 with all of the negative beliefs you had for that memory.
So what feelings do you have now for the memory you chose? If you feel mostly good feelings such as happiness and gratitude, then you have experienced your first healing of a memory. Congratulations! You are well on your way to healing all of your memories. If you don’t feel any differently after this exercise, then try spending more time dwelling on your newly created beliefs.
Frank Healy is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of New Jersey. He counsels people with depression and anxiety. He has highly superior autobiographical memory, and he remembers every day of his life since he was six years old. This includes the day of the week, news, weather, and personal events. He has appeared on The Michael Smerkonish Radio Show, Be the Star You Are, NBC and CBS News Health Check, and been featured in Jersey Man magazine.
Frank lives with his wife, Janet, in Dennisville, New Jersey.
This book is full of great information and exercises that most people would pay hundreds of dollars for in years of professional therapy. Frank's techniques are proven techniques to help one self reflect and to heal themselves from the inside out for a happier and more fulfilling life. This is one of those books that you'll want to take off the shelf every so often for a refresher. Thanks Frank!